Programs & Services
Before and Afterschool Programs- STARS
STARS is a before and after-school program that provides quality enrichment and extended learning activities to elementary students. Students receive assistance to promote homework completion, participate in enrichment activities called Challenge Centers, and practice and improve their reading and math skills using an online tool called SuccessMaker. Students are also provided a healthy breakfast, snack, and/or dinner, plus time for physical activity.
Summer STARS is a themed summer program for elementary students that is similar to the before and after school program. Students will engage in Challenge Centers, complete SuccessMaker twice a day, and participate in outdoor physical activity. Tuesdays and Fridays are travel days; Tuesdays being educational and fun field trips and Fridays being trips to the local pool for swimming. Again, a healthy breakfast, snack, and/or dinner is provided.
In collaboration with Rossford Schools, the Canine Crew is a targeted intervention program offering homework assistance, tutoring, and interactive computer programming to support your child’s learning. It is an expanded learning program different than the regular daily STARS program offered through our Community Learning Center at Glenwood Elementary. If selected through the school, Canine Crew provides students with reading and math intervention under the direction of certified Rossford teachers at no fee to your family!
In collaboration with Maumee School District, the MaKERS program is a targeted intervention program offering homework assistance, tutoring, and interactive computer programming to support your child’s learning. If selected through the school, MaKERS provides students with academic intervention, social-emotional learning, a hot dinner, enrichment activities, and much more!
In collaboration with Rossford Schools, the Community Learning Centers hosts a FREE Summer Academy for select students entering grades K-5. This program is offered to students who would benefit from continued practice of reading and math skills. Intervention is targeted for students to maintain present levels of achievement and prevent further loss, to teach new skills, and to intervene in specific areas of need.
We are thrilled to offer access to a FREE distance learning, SEL program for students, called Foundations!
This program is based on a 40-day topical schedule, and is centered around giving students the social emotional building blocks they need to head back into the school year on a strong and positive note. We believe that during these trying times SEL is an important and supportive component to student daily schedules.
The Foundation skills were created with both 21st CCLC program objectives and the 5 SEL categories in mind, with a team that includes both certified teachers and counselors. Daily topics include Courage, Confidence, Pride, Leadership, Resilience, Integrity, and each day is a special blend of fun and learning and hosted by our special friend, Miss Susan.
1. Create a google account if you do not already have one! (Google suite accounts/work accounts are not compatible)
2. Head to the classroom link to view the module: www.classroom.google.com
3. Select the "Go to Classroom" button
4. Log in using your personal gmail account
5. Select the plus (+) sign in on the right- hand corner of the screen, then select "join class"
6. Enter our class code: CTYXPQW
7. Start learning!
Discover Zones are a new digital curriculum package created to consolidate afterschool programmatic needs. DZs are an all-inclusive, systematic way to coordinate afterschool program curriculum and provide a fun and educational learning environment for students!
Why Discovery Zones?
· Afterschool programs are jammed full of many components, all of equal importance. In order to ensure every program element is proctored and continuous improvement is achieved, we developed a system that incorporates daily requirements into one total digitally distributed package that the staff and kids love.
What is a Discovery Zones?
· A Discovery Zone is a fun, animated, and graphic filled PowerPoint package used to structure and facilitate afterschool academics, social emotional learning through our very own 'Family Focus based activities, physical activity, mindfulness, new technology, engage parents, and more. These Discovery Zones are themed weekly, include differentiation, and are written to State standards.
How can I use Discovery Zones?
· Simply utilize the planning materials, begin the presentation, and let it guide you through hours of activities and topics designed to provide a new way of student learning afterschool. Beyond the PowerPoint, we also provide templates for table tents, job lanyards, teacher guide, supply list, guided discussion topics, and supplemental materials all based on a weekly theme.
This new curriculum has been tested and enjoyed by thousands of kids and, as seen above, even has a fun mascot, Dee-Zee! To learn more about Discovery Zones, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Learning EZ with DZs!